If NFTs are your thing, then the latest release of WPT Global Online poker room Celebrity Poker Heroes will make you a bit of a champion – NFT avatars include Tom Dwan, Phil Ivey, Maria Konnikova and legendary DJ Steve Aoki.
There will also be a #VegasBattleRoyale contest to ensure you have an unforgettable night at the Omnia Las Vegas Nightclub – a $15,000 package that includes a meet and greet by Steve Aoki himself.
World Poker Tour has joined forces with California-based iGaming x Blockchain studio GAMAVRS to add an NFT element to their Global Online card rooms.
This week superstar DJ Steve Aoki, best-selling author Maria Konnikova, poker legend Tom “Durrrr” Dwan, and Poker Hall of Famer Phil Ivey all debuted as cartoon characters.
Other famous names to be announced include: Patrik Antony, Andrew “LuckyChewy” Lichtenberger, Brad Owen, Joseph Cheong, Johnny “Vibes” Moreno, Lynn Gilmartin, Maria Ho, Vince Van Patten, Matt Savage, Joe “Daddy” Stevenson and Adam Owen.
Celebrities are only a small but very important part of the Poker Heroes collection, which has 9,999 unique 3D avatars printed on the Polygon blockchain.
“Our poker-themed NFTs are truly Access NFTs, so they will initially be released with 9,999 avatars for poker enthusiasts worldwide and will expand based on user demand. It’s not about scarcity for us, it’s more about access for owners,” said Moradpour.
Owning one of these allows you to enjoy benefits such as $100,000 free play invites, bypassing waiting lists to play with celebrities, and access to WPT VIP live events through the WPT Global Online collaboration.
How will you know if you’re up against the real deal when playing online? It’s that simple, says Meysam Moradpour, general manager of the Innovation Lab at A5 Labs, Gamavrs’ parent company.
“Players will quickly know if they are playing against the real Steve Aoki based on the NFT profile, which has a different shape and size than common profiles on the WPT Global platform.”
Combining over 100 unique poker-themed features and accessories, 9,999 avatars are divided into three rarities:
- People (60% of total supply)
- Cyborgs (30% of total supply)
- Gods (10% of total supply)
Each level comes with its own built-in poker superpower benefits:
- $100,000 freerolls
- Sponsored seats at Millionaire Maker events at WPT Global
- Access to a dedicated poker dispute channel.
- as above, plus access to exclusive celebrity poker tables.
- Everything the cyborgs get, plus access to live World Poker Tour VIP events.
#Vegas Battle Royale!
To coincide with the release of the Celebrity Poker Heroes avatar NFTs, GAMAVRS is launching a week-long #VegasBattleRoyal with iconic DJ Steve Aoki and infamous Las Vegas nightclub “Omnia”.
This week, NFT owners need to collect as many points as they can to have the chance to meet Steve Aoki and spend an unforgettable night at Omnia Las Vegas.
Value over $15,000, the package includes:
- One night at Omnia Nightclub in Las Vegas with up to 5 friends.
- Meet and greet Steve Aoki
- Omnia Las Vegas bottle service (up to 6 people, total value of $10,000)
- Travel expenses (airplane and hotel, worth $5,000 total)
Here are the game rules to have a chance to win!
Vegas Battle Royale score multipliers:
Current NFT holders:
- Each NFT holder starts with a balance of 200 points per Poker Hero NFT they own.
Social media engagement:
- 5 points each for following @gamavrs on Twitter, Instagram or Discord.
- 5 points each for tagging your friends on Twitter, Instagram and Discord.
- 10 points each for tagging @gamavrs and marking “Join #VegasBattleRoyale” on Twitter, Instagram or Discord.
- 20 points each if friends repost “Joining #VegasBattleRoyale” on Twitter, Instagram or Discord.
New NFT receivers:
- 200 points per avatar by pressing a maximum of three Poker Hero NFTs per wallet during the next preprint for 0.05 Ether (ETH) on Thursday, May 12 at gamavrs.com.
- 400 points per avatar by purchasing a Poker Hero NFT on OpenSea.
Five days later, Gamavrs will collect points from all participants and draw a lucky winner. The more points accumulated in the Vegas Battle Royale competition, the higher the chance of winning the competition during the weighted draw.
Example: Someone with 1,000 points has a 10% chance to win, versus someone with 100 points and a 1% chance.
About the competition, Meysam Moradpour said: “Gamavrs is a blockchain iGaming studio, so we wanted to launch a gamified, fun and fair competition. Each Vegas Battle Royale mission provides players with a different amount of points, and the more points you collect, the higher your chances of winning the grand prize.”